Saturday, February 6, 2021

What The Bible Reveals



by Chuck Ness

I have read many books throughout my life, but none have given me the knowledge and comfort I receive from the Bible. Throughout my life I have used many different versions of the Word, many of which are still in my library to this day. For the last 18 years I have been using both the NASB & NKJV, and while they are the most worn of all my Bibles, I still find myself dragging one of the others out from time to time. I found the following piece while looking up other things, and thought I would share it.

Author Unknown

"The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. It's doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are unchangeable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. For it contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It's the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Within these pages Paradise was lost, but the way back is revealed, while Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents. Christ is it's grand subject, the good for mankind is it's purpose, and God's glory is it's end.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully. For it's a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure. Let it fill your memory, rule your heart, and guide your feet.

Always remember that it will give you life eternal if you follow it's precepts. Take the Words between the covers to heart and one day the book of life will be opened while you stand before Christ at the judgement. Then your good works will be remembered, and these words you will hear;

"Well done, good and faithful servant; you may enter into the joy of your Lord."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.