Sunday, February 28, 2021

Blast From The Past, My Farewell Post On Post Scripts

1989-fly fishing.png

This was the last post I wrote for PostScrips blog. I share it just as a blast from the past type of thing. The paper eventually fired me, because a the new owners out of Arkansas thought my views were too extreme for them. Think about that. It was 2011 when they canceled my blog and deleted averything I wrote. Oh, I recovered some, but only because a bird that worked for the Enterprise record gave me a heads up about what was coming.  I wasn't able to save everything, but I did save some of my work. I am currently adding them to this blog.  I only had my own blog with the paper about a year. So this was my farewell to Post Scripts whom I wrote for before I was given my own blog. OH, I wrote under the name of "One Vike"

Gone Fishing, but I’ll Be Back at a new address, called GATE.

by One Vike (Chuck Ness)

As you all know by now, I have been offered my own Blog with the Enterprise Record. I must admit that a year ago when I first started writing for Posts Scripts the idea of me having my own Blog was the farthest thing from my thoughts. Truth be told, I was more worried about whether or not the retirement center I pastor for was going to allow me to return. That was something I never shared with anyone besides my close friends and relatives, was that last year on Good Friday I was told to tame down my description of the suffering Christ went to for our sins.

Well, I refused and instead was asked to leave the premises by the director himself. A week later I was told that a mistake had been made and that they had fired the director. So I was asked by the new director if I would consider returning as the pastor of the residents. I obviously accepted and have been going strong since. I share that with you all now, so that you know I am a man of my convictions, and as such my opinions are so rooted in my soul that it will take God and God alone to change the way think.

By the way, a year later the new director fired me also. I guess she was a lesbian and did not like that I said homosexuality was an abomination to God. Must tell the truth.

However, I must admit that being a mere sinner like all humans, I too error in the way I go about things from time to time. The difference is I look to Christ to forgive me and I'm guaranteed He does, each and every time I stumble. I guess I would like to say to anyone I may have offended in the past, that my intentions are well meaning even if the tone and words I use do not exactly reflect the person I try to be.

As Jack appropriately pointed out, I will be just around the corner pontificating and challenging liberals, atheists, and false teachers with my unique sense of charm and antagonism that you all have grown to either love or hate. I do warn you however, I will be less constrained because of the freedom I will have with my own blog. So if you are up to the challenge and really want a knock down drag out fight that still stays within the limits set by Nor Cal blogs, then come on by and I promise you will not be disappointed.

I have informed the editor of Nor Cal Blogs that I will not start until May 1st however, so those who wish to get a pound of my flesh will have to wait a bit longer. It has been a very long and hectic year for me, and I find myself a bit burned out and and not very creative. Thus the reason I have not been contributing to PS the last few weeks. Also I have Good Friday and Easter coming up that I need to give my full attention to at the retirement center where I pastor. 

 I have loaded too much on my plate and in the process my personal life has begun to be ignored because of it. I have tried to actually step back and slow down, just to find my self being pulled back to do even more then I was before. Well, I truly believe that now is the time for me to take a hiatus from my writing. Sometimes we need to step back and slow down and that time has come for me. What better moment then before I step up and take on my own blog.

Also I would like to doing some fly fishing, something I was only able to do only twice last year. I have found it to be a great way to relax from the worries of this world. Nothing sets my mind at ease more then trouncing up and down the rivers with a fly rod in my hand and the Lords great outdoors all around me. The times when I can get out and go fishing have been some of my best moments spent in solitude with our Lord. My wife is also fond of fishing and she too missed our time away from the cares of the real world and the solitude of the river.

Well, before I sign off for a while I would like to personally thank K for the many times I was taken to the limit by your steadfastness and honesty for that of which you believe in. Quentin for the way you truly have a way of making me defend that which I believe. Snopes for the many times you supported me and the few times you became an adversary. Mark, although you and I seem to rub each other the wrong way, I thank God for men like you. That is because it makes me try even harder to be accurate in the things I believe in, and in the end that is truly a good thing. (even if you are mostly wrong) 

 Libby, you seem to always say the wrong thing at the wrong time, but I love you because you make me fell less extreme in the extreme world of blogging. Nancy, for your unending loyalty ever since we met at FR, give your son an attaboy for the way he has taken his troubles and turned them around to positives. Tom Hawks, what can I say, you have turned out to be quite the ally in many fights both here and elsewhere on the WWW, I look forward to many more battles with you covering my back. Fred, what happened to you guy, and where did you go? If you catch this, I invite you to write on my blog because I liked the way you think.

Finally I would like to thank Jack and Tina, what can I say? You two have allowed me to spread my wings and I will forever be grateful to you for that. It has been a wild ride and while I was already surfing blogs and commenting for over ten years, it was not until you two invited me to share your limelight that I truly experienced what it meant to be a blogger. I will always look back at the time I was here, with fond memories.

God bless you all and if I forgot to thank anyone like Robin, Dr. Beckner, Freepmanchew, Broken Feather, Amigaf, or anyone else I apologize. If anyone is looking for me, I’ll be somewhere on the feather river or butte creek attempting to catch that California brown rainbow that got away from me last Spring.

God bless and take care.
OV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.