Friday, January 29, 2021

The Picture Bible

by Chuck Ness

I was in an old used bookstore the other day. I like looking for old books written by Christians who came and went long before we lived. If I find one I like I purchase it. Well as I was looking I came across a Picture Bible, put together for children. Now it's not as old as many I find, it was actually published in 1979. I just could not resist. Every page is illustrated with just enough words added to tell the story. 

As I flipped through it I was impressed at the accuracy of their short explanations they added to the illustrations. As you know, with children you must truncate stories to get the idea across to their young minds, without sacrificing the message of the event.

I took some pictures of the story they illustrated about king David and Bathsheba. Many are familiar with the story.  The pictures have few words added, but enough to do a good job of summarizing the story.  Even if you are an adult you will enjoy it.

I decided to purchase it, with the desire to send it to one of my grandchildren. Which one I haven't decided yet, but possibly to my son's children since he has more and they are the youngest.

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.









This image, below, shows you from the index which scriptures they used to get the stories. They actually did a good job of keeping a good flow through the Bible to get the overall history and lessons across without losing the attention of a child's mind.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.