Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Ladies of WindChime



The Ladies of Windcime


by Chuck Ness
I am posting the picture of the Ladies of Windchime retirment center, only because I am in the process of recovering many old commentaries I wrote, and turning many of my sermon notes and Bible study notes into commentaries. Obviously as I do, my mind races with wonderful memories of these lovely ladies. By the time I met them, my own mother had gone home to the Lord. For me, these ladies filled an emotional void one loses when their parents pass away. I honor these women for many reasons. One is for the way they helped tutor me as I taught them. Many of them had been Christians for years, some since they were young teens girls. Five of them were widows of men of the cloth. They were all very sweet to me in my trials with much positive encouragement and a friendly correction now and then, if they felt it was needed after a message.
As a Deacon at Calvary Chapel Chico, I had the privilege leading a Bible study class on Monday nights, and present Sunday afternoon messages for about 4 years. I presented the sermon in their activities room. One year I was even allowed to give the Christmas message in the main lobby, which gave me an audience of hundreds of relatives and friends along with many residents who seldom if ever attended a service. To date, that was the largest audience I had ever been blessed with to listen to a sermon of mine.   

I first began leading a Bible study with 4 ladies, and in time I had as many as 10. About 6 Months after I was leading the Bible study, I was offered the chance to present the Sunday afternoon sermons. At first there was only 6 guests who would come by. However, when I stopped being their Sunday afternoon Pastor, I had as many as 25 ladies and even a few men who would join the services on Sundays. As you can see in the picture, they ranged from the age of 70 all the way to one lady who was 93. 

Like I do my own mother and grandmother, I often times find myself thinking of them. By now I know most have gone home to our Lord. a few in the picture are still with us on earth, but I know they look forward to the day when their pain, suffering, and waiting will be over. Thank You Lord, for allowing me to know and love them all in the short time I was given with them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.