Sunday, November 8, 2020

Search My Heart Lord Psalm 139:23-24



by Chuck Ness

Lately there have been times when I become angry at the things I see going in the world. I find myself wondering if the things I care about are worth my time. I see many people walking around in a daze, caring only for what the world has to offer them, not what the Lord does.

It seems like my friends and relatives dismiss the things I share with them as just another rant from someone who is way too wrapped up in things they could care less about. My frustration can become so overwhelming that I wonder why I should even care for what they think, or where they are headed. That’s when I realize my love for them has become contempt, and that I need to step back and search my heart.
So I go to Psalm 139:23-24, and I give it to the Lord;
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
It’s like pulling a power play on my heart. I give it to Him, and He does what He always does. He reveals anything I have yet to deal with in my own life. Sometimes they are things I have hidden, even from myself.

Sometimes it’s a hurt I still feel from a time when someone transgressed against me and I have yet to truly forgive them. Maybe it’s a secret selfish desire I have refused to give up that is eating away at my heart, a little bite at a time. After I have dealt with that part of my heart which needed to be revealed, I am at peace and ready to face the world again.

I still see things going on around me that are wrong, but no longer do I see them through the heart of an angry Christian. Instead I see them through the heart of a forgiving child of God. A child of Christ who lovingly prays for those who are blindly perusing the pleasures of this world.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.