Friday, December 16, 2022

I Published My Book


I recently self published my first book, and I posted this to FreeRepublic out of respect for
the many FReepers who have been part of my growth, which has led to my ability to write.

I've been a Freeper for 25 years come February 20, 2023, and I must admit my knowledge and understanding of things has been immensely effected by the many great minds who are part of that great forum. Whether it's about politics, science, history, or religion, FreeRepublic has been to me, what many Colleges used to be. I have witnessed many a great mind debate other great minds, and I have also witnessed my share of knock down, drag out, leave no prisoner, fights between Freepers who would die on their cross of beliefs. Probably the biggest was the battle of the long-knives. This is not an insult, but rather a compliment to the way that forum has truly effected me, and many like me, in our understanding of the world throughout the last 25 years.

It's been an somewhat unorthodox education, but one that has enabled me to gain knowledge experience, and courage to write the book I published recently. My book is titled, "Sleuthing The Scriptures." It's a theological book containing many commentaries I have written over the years. Most deal with topics I have dove deeply into for the purpose of helping others understand GOD’s Word. It has long been my passion to open up the Scriptures and explain them in a way most Christians can understand. Too often theologians write in a way that only seminary students and other theological professors can grasp, and thus young Christians end up scratching their heads wondering what they just read. So I try my best to explain things in a way where the reader will not need a lexicon or dictionary handy to understand what I am conveying. If something needs a deeper explanation, I will do so with proper notes to help bring the point to a solid understandable conclusion.

As I do with all my writing, I try to emphasize the importance of doing one's own investigation by reading the Word to be sure I am not taking Scripture out of context just to force a point I wish to make. I'm only human, so I pray for guidance to keep me humble, and above all, I fear leading others astray more than I desire recognition for my writing. Too often wolves in sheep’s clothing will twist Scripture to sway gullible young Christians away from Christ, because they are children of the devil who only wish to destroy one’s faith.

In the book I just wrote I have added some devotional Psalms I have written over the years along with a short story I pray will bless the hearts of those who read it. As a bonus, I have included something I have never published before. It is a theory I have pondered for many years about the day our Lord visited His father’s House when He was 12 years old. If I am correct on my theory, then this a portion of Jacob’s was fulfilled on that very day Jesus was baffling the religious scholars in HIS Father’s House.

This theory is one I have been working on for 35 years. I do plan on writing a separate book on this, but I offer my theory as it is in a 20 page chapter near the end of my book. There are a quite a number of good friends I have shared my theory with, some are Freepers, along with some pastors from various different denominations who have weighted in on my thesis. Its these well respected men who have suggested I expound upon my thesis in a book so I can offer a more in depth explanation than a mere chapter can offer. Which I am in the process of doing.

As of today, my current paperback book bounces around #18 to as high as #85 on Amazon's New Releases for Christian Education.  Amazon numbers change quite frequently, and the sale of one or two books can make big difference in the ranking. When you consider over 100,000 books are self published everyday, I accept my ranking in this category. While for a brief moment it was ranked #85 in all Christian education book, on the actual best sellers list, I have been as low as 145,000, and as high as 490,000. This was in the first couple weeks after I published my book. New releases are ranked for 30 days, so that's free advertising as long as I can stay in their top 20 list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.