Saturday, January 16, 2010

While Some Blame God, Danny Glover Blames Global Warming for Haiti's Earthquake

by One Vike

Whenever a disaster occurs, there are always people trying to capitalize on it to get rich, famous, or just to attack others for political gain.  The earthquake in Haiti is a prime example of this.   Pat Robertson came out this past week and claimed that the earthquake and many other troubles throughout their history is a result of their making a pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. Thus Pat Robertson said that countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries believe the country is cursed and so he says this is why the earthquake happened.  Basically God is holding a 200 plus year grudge against them. 


Then we have the MSM deciding to use the moment to personally attack Rush Limbaugh for saying he does not think we should give our money to Obama to help the Haitians. While we will inevitably see Obama eventually use this disaster to prop up his god complex by pointing out how much better he is then Bush was at responding to disasters. Eventually his sycophantic followers will point out that we need to continue worshiping and praying in his name for good things to happen. 


Then we have Danny Glover who would like to claim that the earth is angry because we failed to get a comprehensive global warming treaty signed at Copenhagen. Take a look at this video of Danny Glover & Marie St. Cyr are speaking on the phone with Laura Flanders of GRITtv about the disaster in Haiti. The way I see it, if I was going to blame anyone for this disaster, I prefer to think God might be angry before I would think the earth is. Also, if I am going to give my hard earned money away to help the efforts of the Haitian people, I think I would prefer donating to a Christian charity instead of Obama's administration website.
 
I plan on writing about the Haitian disaster and God's part in it tomorrow when I write my Sunday message. However allow be to say categorically that God does not target geographical areas of the world to punish the sin of men. He will one day return with a sword and separate the wheat from the chaff, but that is in the end when all men will see the wrath of the lamb.  Otherwise I want someone to explain to me why San Fransisco still exists. Like I said watch for my Sunday morning message tomorrow or check out my blog Gate of the City after 6:00 AM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.