Friday, June 17, 2022

Distance From Jerusalem in Miles



Below is a chart I put together to give you an idea of the distance all the towns Jesus visited are from Jerusalem. Often times while reading my Bible, I find myself wondering how far away one place is from another. Seldom do we consider how far they had to travel on foot from place to place. Most people back then either walked or road a donkey. No cars, no busses, nop plabnes, just you feet and maybe a donkey pulling a cart. Next time you read any of the accounts in the Bible, consider how far you are from the next city, and how long it would take you to walk, instead of drive.


Distances from Jerusalem In Miles
Bethany2
Bethlehem6
Bethphage1
Caesarea57
Caesarea Philippi105
Capernaum85
Dead Sea6
Emmaus16
Jericho [800' below sea level.]15
Jerusalem [2600' above sea level.]0
Joppa35
Jordan River21
Mediterranean Sea37
Nazareth65
Salim50
Samaria36
Sea of Galilee70
Tyre 104
The Seas of IsraelWidth X Length in Miles
Sea of Galilee (aka Lake of Gannesaret)7 X 14
705' below sea level98 square miles
Dead Sea9.5 X 48 
1302' below sea level456 square miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.