Friday, May 20, 2022

Flipper Chases Nemo (Video)


This is one the most fascinating short videos I have seen in awhile. I love dolphins, and as such I  have always been fascinated by their behavior towards humans. Yet, when I ran across this video, I found myself watching it over and over again. Knowing how it would end up, but wishing for a different outcome. Yet dolphins are but big fish, and they must eat. Someone will inevitably reply to me, "Hey it's a mammal." Well I know that, and the carnivorous one's like to eat smaller animals, regardless of the category we put them in.

Normally when I see a big animal eat a small fish, the whole process is over so quick that my mind never registers any negative feelings for the act. It's a fish and I enjoy fishing. To me they are so low on the food chain they seldom even register a care in my heart about their demise, regardless of how vicious the process may seem. After all, animals in the wild need to eat, and the lower one is on the food chain, the more chance they have of becoming a meal for larger animal or human.

However, my feelings always get in the way during the chase, not so much for a short chase that's over before one can imagine being the chased, but rather those times when you find yourself rooting for the dinner to get away. This is one of those moments. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, because this little critter sure deserved to have another chance, but then again, the dolphin needs to eat.

There is a point in the video where I began wondering why Flipper was ignoring all the other little fish that are not trying to get out of the way of him trying to catch Nemo.  Which tells me that Flipper must have been pretty mad Nemo for constantly getting away that he is oblivious to all the others he could have eaten while chasing the one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.