Sunday, November 7, 2021

God's Handywork Psalm 19:1



”To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens are telling of the glory
of God; And the expanse [of heaven] is declaring the work of his hands.

Psalm 19:1 (Amplified Bible)

by Adam Lustig

One thing is for sure, whether we are believers in Yahshua or not, the busyness of this life can attribute to us forgetting the essentials of life. Folks that are far away from God get caught up in the trappings of this world and the business of it eventually brings them to a place where they say “where has my life gone.”

I love this time of the year, Nov 01 - 12/31, is my favorite because, thankfulness is on my thoughts. From God’s daily blessings to the birth of the savior of the world, my heart is glad.

In this journey that God has us on, if we are not careful, the relationship we have with our Lord can wane by getting caught up in the trivial things of life and forgetting to pause and say:

“Thank you Father for all you are in my life.”

But God has a genital way of nudging us with his handiwork to remind us how great He is. Back in my Boy Scouting days when I was on staff at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, God would nudge me even though I had not bowed my heart to his son. God was reminding me of his greatness that he would use later to bring me to the throne of Grace. God’s handywork was all around me.

The mountains and majestic pine trees that starched upward, wild animals that would out of ciuriosrituy gently walk toward me with no fear from me or them, all these were God’s handiwork. Deep within the recesses of my mind, I was saying only God could do all this even though I was far from him.

When I was pastoring, I used to tell people that would come to the church questioning me if there was a God or not. I would tell them to drive out to the dessert of Southern California at night get out of their car and just stare into the heavens and God would give them a front row seat to his majestic creation of the heavens.

In this business of life I pray that we all, especially, as we are drawing close to the end of the year that we would stop often look up at God’s handiwork and remember he is still their drawing men, woman, boys and girls into his presence.

Thanks for Listening

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.