Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No health care bill before Christmas?

Chuck Ness

Looks like one of the biggest supporters of nationalized health care believes there will be no health care bill before the end of the year, and perhaps not at all. That is what he told his constituents at a crowded town hall meeting at the Mercer Community Center in Iron County Wisconsin last week. The crowd was packed with people manly focused on the health care issue, but there were also many who were worried about the out of control deficit spending that congress and Obama are hoisting upon their children and grandchildren.
"Nobody is going to bring a bill before Christmas, and maybe not even then, if this ever happens, because the divisions are so deep. I never seen anything like that."
After he made that statement, the packed meeting erupted into a loud continuous applause. Then when asked about the plight of uninsured Americans, by a supporter of Obama's health care proposal, the Senator told the crowd that congress is headed in the direction of doing absolutely nothing, but he added that he thought that was unfortunate. U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold also declared that he would not support a health reform bill until he has actually seen one written. He also promised the crowd that before he made his decision he would come back and seek out the opinions of the voters he represents.
"When I get a proposal I can look at it and decide whether I will support it, I will let the people of the entire state talk to me."
While the senator is a proponent of health care reform in principle, he does not seem to be too concerned about a potential failure of the Obama administration's effort. When asked what he thought about Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's remarks calling vocal critics of health care reform at town hall meetings "evil mongers." Feingold called Reid's remarks unfortunate and inappropriate.
"I've been listening to the people for 16 years, and I have never impugned their motives,"
There is not much that astonishes me these days about politicians, but when I read the account of this meeting that the MSM never reported on, I about fell out of my chair. I must admit that while I hardly ever agree with Feingold, I have always felt that he is pretty much a straight shooter. He's not one of the moonbat Democrats and has an independent streak. In his town hall style meeting he was being so reasonable on the deficit, health care, and cap and trade, that I think he has seen the political winds shift and is smart enough not to get behind a tanking POTUS and his policies. That make two US Senators (Feingold and Grassley) are beginning to use the term “hyperinflation” in different venues on the same day while telling Ben Bernanke to get some common sense and quit pumping money into the system. Reading quotes like this makes me feel as though we are finally making headway against the flow of idiocy coming out of Washington.
“I have told the administration not to count on me for another stimulus package. You can’t just keep doing this because it creates hyperinflation.” Russ Feingold (D-Wisconsin)
”The economy could spiral into hyperinflation not seen since the early 1980s if the Federal Reserve does not tighten its monetary policy soon”. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).
Feingold went on to tell the crowd that he would not support another stimulus package. He said he supported the stimulus package earlier this year because of the recession, but he said he would not guarantee his vote for a second stimulus if one was proposed.
"This was an emergency situation to get the economy going, and I have told the administration not to count on me for another stimulus package. You can't just keep doing this because it creates hyperinflation."
Another issue Feingold said he opposed legislation on is the requirment for all guns to be registered, and even predicted that such legislation would die a quick death in the Senate.
"I have opposed gun registration all my life, and I will continue to oppose it," he said. "We've got the votes in the Senate to kill that."
Like all meeting held by Senators and Congressmen across America, one Mercer resident summed up the majority's mood when he told the senator.
"This issue has definitely awakened a sleeping giant, we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore."
Time will tell if the Senator really did hear what the people are saying, or if he is just scratching their itchy ears until he gets back to Washington. I for one think Obama is in for a surprise when Congress reconvenes. You can read the whole article here on the Lakeland Times web site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.