Friday, December 18, 2020

What Will You Fight For?


by Chuck Ness

With every lawsuit before the Supreme Court being rejected, and the constant lies being told by the MSM, it seems like the elections are on the brink of being confirmed for Biden. Like everyone, watching them steal the election right before our eyes, is beyond real. Then we see so-called elected Republicans sit by without even lifting a finger to help President Trump. Like the Democrats, they seem to be rooting for China to succeed. Then as time goes on, I keep hearing a word repeated over and over by millions of Americans across the country. It's the "R" word, "Revolution".

As a Nation, we are living in perilous times. But I don’t have to tell you that! However, we are not here today because we lost a physical war. We are here because we lost a war for the very soul of America. God has allowed us to be here, because America has become a secularist immoral country. However, I direct this more towards my fellow Christians than I do to those still lost in the World

That's because I am truly amazed that so many of my Christian brothers and sisters are willing to fight and die for something finally. The sad thing is what they are willing to do it for. Oh, I would never attempt to convince anyone that to fight and die for freedom like our ancestors have time and time again was stupid. After all, I have ancestors who fought and died in every major war America has fought in. Like many of you, I too have lost many ancestors through the years. I even lost ancestors on both sides of the Civil war. Yet, I can also say that I don't know if any ancestors of mine have ever given their life up for Christ. I mean in a sacrificial martyred way. Maybe hundreds of years ago, but there are no records nor stories passed down through the ages for me to know for sure.

So tell me, how many of you, who are bantering on and on about going to war to stop the communists, would also be willing to go to war and die for Christ? OH, I realize it's a different type of war I'm speaking of. Yet if you look across the big pond to the Middle East or in Nigeria today, you will see that death is the same possibility for those who wish to fight for Christ. After all, Foxe's Book of Martyrs is filled with Christians who, throughout history, have died fighting for Christ.

Who of you have ever even considered putting everything you hold dear on the line for Christ? I ask, because every time we are in a pickle, the same bold individuals start talking about putting everything they hold dear on the line to fight and die for America and freedom. So be honest with me, and with Christ, who is willing to sacrifice everything for Him?

“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church,”
This is a quote from Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus. Simply known to most Christians as Tertullian. He was a 2nd century prolific Christian apologist. He defended the Scriptures at a time when death, under excruciating terms, was a common end for outspoken Christians in the Roman Empire. Yet today I see the church in America dying a slow death due to the fact that the Saints in America like their blood too much to offer it as a sacrifice for Christ. So many are ready and willing to bleed out for freedom over political persecution, but would never even consider bleeding a drop of their blood for Christ.

 
That's because too many Christians in America are so connected to the World, that they refuse to face the danger Christ told us we must face for Him. Jesus said to the desciples,
"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 16:24-25)
At the time Jesus told them this, the disciples were clueless and could not understand that Jesus was going to die on the cross. Mind you, 85% of those who lived in the Roman Empire were slaves. It is true however, that it's easier to look to Christ and His promise of eternal salvation when you haven't got a chance of freedom in the World. Yet, what is freedom? What good is it to gain the World, just to lose your soul?

Imagine if Paul was more worried about his flesh than his soul? Paul, and the rest of the Apostles picked up their cross and followed Christ to their death. Like Paul, thay faced many dangers and I am convinced they all came close to death many times before they paid the ultimate price of following Christ. We kow Paul did, because of what he told the Corinthians;
in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness— 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?. (2 Corinthians 11:23-29)
Remember, if your doing the Lords work, He does not promise that you will succeed at your task unmarked or even alive. What he promises, is eternal existence in a place He has prepared for you in one of His Fathers mansions. If you die in the process of carrying that cross, then the Lord is saying your work in the World is complete and it's time to take up residence in your new home in Heaven.

I do know one thing. Christ is watching Christians in America who are so comfortable in their life that they will never even consider risking it all for Him, yet so many will risk it all for freedom in the World. If you want to fight, then fight the war that Satan is waging for the very soul of humans. So many are in bondage to the World in so many bad ways, that political bondage is low on the list for them. A sin that has them in a bondage that will inevitably lead them straight to hell. Yet 99% of those who fight for Freedom in this World, are clueless that their very family members, or even their neighbor's souls could end up lost for ever if they died for the World instead of for Christ. So I ask, what are you willing to fight for?

Is that you?

I pray that those who have ears to hear will hear His voice and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.