Saturday, August 3, 2024

Thoughts From My Morning Quiet Time


Reading through Genesis this morning, it just struck me, the first ever mega apartment complex was probably the Ark. think about it. After the flood, and when all the animals were released, Noah had a nice huge place fir all his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren and their families to live.

Things like this pop into my hard as I read. This is the third time I have started reading the Bible this year. I finished it twice, and with a Month left in the year I am blessed to be able to read Genesis and Matthew 3 times this year.

Do yourself a favor, set a goal to try and read the Bible from cover to cover next year. You don’t have to do as me, but at least attempt to read it through. You will be surprised about the things God inspires you to consider. Logical sensible thoughts that make you think.

HE will reveal nuggets of spiritual gold you never before considered, but were in the Scriotures all along. Things you will find that you never realized before.

As for me, I read a Proverb a day, and 3 Psalms a day. With 30-31 days in the Month, even if you miss a day, at least try to read the Proverb that corresponds with the day of the Month. Then if you add 5 Psalms a day, you will build a habit that will last a lifetime.

I go through the book of Proverbs and the book of Psalms once a Month. Been doing this for the better part of 18 years since Pastor Bud Chavous, the mens Pastor at Calvary Chapel Chico told me he does it back in 2004. I’ll let you do the math on how many times I read Proverbs and Psalms. Along with my daily reading of other Scriptures, I never miss a day with our Lord.

Along with my normal studies, the Holy Spirit impressed upon my heart things I never thought I would know.

Do your soul a favor, and read the Bible all the way through next year, I promise that the Lover of your Soul, YAHWEH, will speak to your heart and you will gain wisdom and knowledge on things you never knew you could. And most of all, you will be blessed with the understanding you have always wanted to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, and it will be posted immediately. However, if your comment is offensive in anyway, it will be removed.

I welcome differing opinions, I do believe in free speech, just not vulgar cuss laden comments written for the only purpose of offending people in general.

Differing opinions is not what I refer to, go ahead and disagree, but in a polite way so we can have a logical respectful discussion.

By offensive, I mean by being vulgar, as in swearing, using God's name in vain, or derogatorily offensive in a way you would not talk to your own Grandmother, Mother, or daughter, and then the comment will be removed.

I may not respond to your comment promptly, and there is no way with blogger for me to respond directly to your comment,. So come back and look for me to respond in a new comment to you by the name you post your comment with.